Melanoma - the story

So - like many other people out there I have a Melanoma story.  My public service announcement would be this - if you have a mole you think is suspicious have it biopsied! 

About 2 years ago I had a spot on my back that started to itch.  My regular doctor told me it looked fine and not to worry about it.  Fast forward a year.  I had moved from Milwaukee to North Carolina and noticed the mole on my back started to grow.  I told myself I would get it looked at when I got back from vacation.

In Sept I went to New Zealand and Australia and noticed the spot started to grow and bleed.  It really freaked me out.  I had it removed a few days after I got back.  My dermatologist looked at it and said it was nothing.  In 2 weeks I would get letter in the mail from the Greensboro Pathology Department saying it was nothing.  October 14th she called me to come in.  My heart sank.  I knew it wasn't good news.  I left work and went to see her.  She just kept saying how shocked she was (Yeah me too!).   and she just kept saying.... it's nodular...  I didn't know what that all meant until a lot of research.  My head was spinning (still spinning...)

So slowly I will update my story and journey so far!  The title of this blog is because there were 2 very big things going on at the same time.  While being excited for a job change and moving to one of the best cities in the world - I was dealing with this Melanoma Madness...

You Might Also Like

0 comments