Take me out the ball game...

Ninety percent of this game is half mental. — Yogi Berra

What better way to experience New York baseball then a Saturday night during a subway series of the Mets vs Yankees??



Now with moving to NY I decided that I needed to support 1 of the teams - but which one to pick?  Think of the history that the New York Yankees have?  The names that everyone associates with baseball - Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra and today's leaders like Derek Jeter and A-Rod.  I mean really, who wouldn't want to pick a team like the Yankee's to cheer for?

Well - for those who know me...  I just couldn't do it.  Maybe it's the stubborn side of me but I like to root for the underdog!  Guess maybe it comes from all the years of rooting for the Brewers (ok maybe I only went to the games for tailgating or the 7th inning Sausage race or a beer barrel poker?)

Miller Park
So I wore my Met's hat proudly :) even though they lost Saturday (and again Sunday) to the Yankees.  But it was still a fabulous night for baseball!  We got the game just in time to miss the rain.

Welcome to Yankee Stadium

Here comes the rain!

Military Appreciation Night - the rain couldn't stop the paratroopers!
Go Army!

Be alert of flying Bats? 

Even the Empire State building was supporting the Subway Series!
My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging.  Hank Aaron

You Might Also Like

0 comments