Tribute to 9-11

We are days away from the 10 year anniversary of 9-11.  I think that just about anyone can tell you where they were the day it happen.

I was living in Milwaukee at the time and was down at the brewery in Fort Worth, TX.  I remember I was sitting in one of the engineering offices and one of the managers came in to say his wife called that one of the towers had been hit.  No one wanted to believe it...  I remember we didn't have a TV that worked well in the plant and you couldn't get online very easily.

It was so weird not to hear planes flying and we drove back to Milwaukee.

I now live in New Jersey - Jersey City to be exact.  I can't imagine what it was like here the day the towers fell.  But I've been fortunate to be able to watch the progress being made for the new towers.  Here are some of the shots.

9-11 Tribute in Jersey City
My first trip to NYC area was in '95/'96.
I found this picture the other day going thru old things

WTC  Progress


Cranes working on One WTC

Tribute in Jersey City

Subway light - with ONE WTC

Taken after getting off of PATH - One WTC



Taken in St. Pauls next to WTC


You Might Also Like

2 comments