Run, Run, Run...

This weekend I had the pleasure of having my cousin Rachel, aunt Barb, and her friend Shelly come and visit me for the weekend.  Rachel was lucky enough to get in the lottery drawing for the largest NYC Marathon so far.  On Sunday I dropped her off at the start point at the bright and early time of 6am (she didn't start her run until 10:40).  She ran with 47,000 + other people thru the 5 boroughs of NYC (Staten Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan).  She completed it in around 4 hours and 30 minutes.  We couldn't be prouder for her!

I also got the chance to show Barb and Shelly around New York City!  It's always fun for me to see someone experience this city for their first time.  It can be overwhelming, exhausting, and just so darn exciting!  Now Barb doesn't typically like her picture taken - but she did let me take a few while we were out touring!  Here are some from our weekend adventure!

Rachel and Aunt Barb w/ WTC in the background

Madness - Occupy Wallstreet

9/11 Memorial - Amazing

One WTC w/ Fall trees in the Memorial


Rachel and I in Times Square


Central Park in Fall - Love it!

Rachel and I in Central Park

Central Park - the Mall
Was closed down due to the 10/29 storm 
Marathon Route!   They finished in Central Park

Skyline at Dusk - Love my view :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments