Vacation Bound - Singapore and Thailand

So yesterday I saw my oncologist and he gave me the good news.  I am still ALL CLEAR!  I quickly thanked him for not ruining my vacation plans.  For those that know me when I was diagnosed last year I had to cancel my trip to Egypt due to having surgery and having those nasty JP drains coming out of my side!

So tomorrow morning I board a flight to Singapore - via Hong Kong!  It will be a long day of travel but I am so excited for a long vacation.  Even though it will be a sun vacation!  Don't worry - I have a suitcase full of sunscreen, sun hats, sun Protective clothing, etc!  I should be ok!





First stop is a long weekend in Singapore to see Stephy J's new place and have an American Thanksgiving pool side :)  Then it will be off to Thailand.  You can see our travel plans listed below.  (I've put it in there just to make you all a little jealous!  haha).

I'll arrive back in the states the evening of the 28th.  The pups looked so sad to be headed to boarding but I know they'll be in good hands.  Plus they post pictures daily on facebook so if I get wifi I can check in on them!  haha!

No real pictures for this post but I plan on taking lots on the trip - so stay tuned!

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  It's been a rough year but I'm so thankful to have a clean bill of health and all of you in my life!



ITINERARY

NOV 21: Arrive Bangkok, private transfer with an English speaking guide, overnight Narai Bangkok Hotel 

NOV 22: Pick up from hotel at 9:30am, drive to Khao Yai National Park, stop in Saraburi to see the large fruit-eating bats, aka the “Flying Fox”, visit the fruit market, after check-in at the hotel visit the Buddhist cave at Wat Sa Nam Sai to see the stalactites and stalagmites, visit another bat cave, overnight Greenery Resort Khao Yai Hotel (BLD)  


NOV 23: At 8:00am check out and drive to Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, your guide will help you look for Hornbills, Gibbons, Macaque and other animals, take a 4km forest hike (apprx 2-1/2 hrs), lunch at a restaurant near a waterfall (filming location of the “The Beach”), late afternoon visit to the Lonely Cliff to see the view of the highest mountain in the park, transfer back to Bangkok, overnight Narai Bangkok Hotel (BL)

NOV 24: Pick up at your hotel and transfer to airport, fly from Bangkok to Trat, arrive and transfer from airport to Koh Chang via the ferry crossing, arrive at your lodge, afternoon meet with your guide to go through the equipment and preparations for kayaking, overnight at Boonya Resort (B)  



NOV 25: Transfer to the south end of Koh Chang, depart from Klong Koi beach and kayak to Ko Khlum for lunch, after lunch kayak to Koh Wai (12.5km), overnight Koh Wai Paradise Resort (LD)

NOV 26: Kayak back to Koh Chang stopping at the islands clustered around Koh Lao Noi, transfer to lodge (14.5km), overnight Boonya Resort (BL)


NOV 27: Transfer from hotel back to the Trat Airport via the ferry crossing, fly to Bangkok and on to final destination 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You don't even know how jealous I am!!!!!!!!!!! Karl and I want to be on this trip so bad!!!! You guys are going to have so much fun. I can't wait for the stories and pictures. Have a blast. Say hi to everyone.

    ReplyDelete