Good Drinks - Sauvignon Blanc

So I'm not a huge wine fan.  That's because I spent 10 years working in the beer business... but I'm all about trying new things and I am really enjoying this white wine that I picked up at the little store by my apartment..

It's from a winery in Chile - Nuevo Mundo and it's a Sauvignon Blanc made with 'organic grapes'.

The website: Nuevo Mundo Wines

Sauvignon Blanc - Excerpts listed below...

Maipo Valley wine region

The Maipo Valley is a significant wine-producing region of Chile, surrounding the national capital, Santiago. It is considered the home of Chilean wine, as it was here that the first wines were produced in the mid-16th century. Maipo is also the best known of the country's wine regions, as it produces some of Chile's finest wines. Some of the most-established and best-respected names in Chilean wine are located here, not least because their original wineries needed, for logistical reasons, to be close to Santiago.

The Maipo Valley is a complex, sprawling wine region, and while the majority of its big names are located in the east, near Santiago, there are also extensive plantings to the south and west, towards the coast. Three of Chile's oldest wineries are based in the Maipo Valley – Cousino Macul (1856), Concha y Toro (1883) and Santa Rita (1880) – and wines such asAlmavivaDon MelchorDomus Aurea and Vinedo Chadwick have helped to create the region's reputation through collaborations with foreign producers such as Mouton-Rothschild and Lurton.

Being drier and warmer than its cooler, newly famous cousins to the north (Casablancamore ...



Nuevo Mundo - Sauvignon Blanc

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Erin

    I don't know if you even know who I am but I lived down the road from your Grandpa (aka the Mayor of Cordova) & Grandma (the Tupperware lady) Gruber. I have been following your blog for most of the past year when I learned about it from your mom. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your writing and photos and hope you keep it up. I am sorry however for the reasons that led to it and you are in my prayers. You should also know that I am a big fan of Miller Lite--so if you ever need a MN taste tester, let me know.

    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlene - of course i remember you :) I hope you're doing well. And thanks so much for the note. Glad that folks enjoy! and glad to hear you're a Miller Lite fan! Cheers and have a great weekend!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete