Social Media Week - NYC

What would the world be today without social media?  Maybe we would be able to walk away from our phones, computers, iPads, etc a little more easily. :)  I sometimes wonder - how many social media sites can one person keep up with?

It started for me about 5+ years ago with the world of MySpace and Facebook.  I no longer keep up with a MySpace account.  Now you can add Google+ in to that equation.  (Which by the way I do have an account for but haven't done anything with...

Then we come to things like Twitter, and blogging (i.e. this blog and now the new one I've started: www.igersNJ.tumblr.com).

So you're probably wondering what my point is us?  Well I guess it is that if you can't beat it join in!  This week will be social media week (www.socialmediaweek.org).  It will be taking place in several cities around the world.  Most of the events are free!  I am pretty excited to be able to attend a few of the events this week.  I have even offered to volunteer a few days.

Stay tuned for posts and updates from social media week NYC this week!  It will be a great distraction while I wait for my 2 month scans.

Cheers everyone!

And if you to check out more - check out this link: socialmediaweek.org

PPS - in the world of social media one App that I love is Instagram (although it's a bit of an addition with taking pictures and editing them).  Instagram is having a world InstaMeet Photowalk - look for more details for the one being planned in Jersey City.


You Might Also Like

0 comments