Memorial Weekend 2012

Thank you to all the men and women who fight for our freedom and those that have fought!  We honor you today and every day.

This weekend my little brother Jake came to visit.  We tried to take it easy :)  Saturday we headed to the USS WASP to tour it and Sunday we took a little walk around Liberty State Park.  You get some great views of the city from there.  We did attempt to see the 9/11 memorial but it started to rain - so we called it a day and just watched movies at home.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.  It was a good distraction before my appointment tomorrow.  Lots of questions.

Happy Memorial Day!
Cheers,
Erin

Aboard the USS WASP



Military Day in Times Square

USMC band - they were pretty good


The rain has cleared

Empty Sky Memorial - Liberty State Park

Old Train Station 


Jake and I @ Liberty State Park

A different view of One World Trade

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Erin -
    You don't know me but your brother Jake bought his Boston Terrier puppy from me and I grew up in Montgomery. Your mom and her siblings likely had my dad as a teacher and possibly driver's ed. instructor.
    I found your blog after your mom asked for prayers for you recently on Facebook (I'm the google queen). I love your pictures of One World Trade. My husband worked for NWA, now Delta Airlines so I was in NYC twice shortly after 9/11 and again a month ago with 3 of my kids. I share your enthusiasm regarding the re-construction. I am envious of your ability to watch the day to day construction of the buildings.
    I am sorry to hear your cancer has likely re-emerged but am amazed at your positive outlook on life despite what you have been dealt. I will be checking your blog frequently and look forward to watching the progression of One World Trade.

    Patti (Blumhoefer) Molitor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti - thanks so much the note. I know Jake just adores his little boston terrier pup. And I'm pretty easy to find via google ;)

    Glad you enjoy the pictures! I am always taking a lot. It's been pretty cool to watch the progress over the last 1.5 years. I'll try and keep updates for everyone!
    Cheers,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete