Yay - Sunday Volleyball again!

So I haven't played volleyball in a few weeks.  The last time I played was the Sunday before I had my doctors appointment and realized that my hemoglobin was so low!

Photo credit - Andrew
When I look back at the symptoms of Anemia (listed below - thanks WebMD), I realize I had pretty much all of them!  I remember getting to this last volleyball match and worried that I wouldn't be able to make it thru all 3 games without any subs (we started playing with just 4 people).

You start to wonder did I feel that way because of stress? being out of shape? etc?  Well I will say that this Sunday was a totally different story.  I do have some fatigue still from the medicine but I was able to play all 3 games and not even feel like I was going to pass out at all!  Amazing how you don't realize how bad you feel until you start to feel better?

Here's to another season of volleyball!
Cheers,
Erin


Symptoms common to many types of anemia include the following:
  • Easy fatigue and loss of energy
  • Unusually rapid heart beat, particularly with exercise
  • Shortness of breath and headache, particularly with exercise
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Dizziness
  • Pale skin
  • Leg cramps
  • Insomnia

You Might Also Like

0 comments