The ZelboRASH continues!

Went in to Sloan for my weekend blood draw.  First things first - hemoglobin still holding steady.  It was 9.4 last week and 9.7 this week.

Still not starting back up on Zelboraf yet given the rash I still have.  My oncologist prescribed some stronger cream and an antihistamine to help.  Then about 2 hours later my dermatologists office called and said they wanted to give me something even stronger!  The local pharmacist is going to wonder what's going on with me!  I'll see the dermatologist Wednesday and my Oncologist Friday.  Sometime in there we will figure out when I'll start back up and I'm guessing when I do it will for sure be at a reduced dose given my reaction to it!

They gave me an 'antihistamine' called Hydrozyzine - and let me say when you read thru what this drug is used for you wonder what is it NOT used for!  Here's what the description from the pharmacist covers:

Treating anxiety, for sedation before and after general anesthesia, and to treat itching due to certain allergic conditions, including hives and contact with dermatitis (eg poison ivy).  It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.  (hmm... wonder what these could be?)

Goes on to say - This medicine is an antihistamine.  It works by affecting the brain to reduce anxiety.  it also has other activities, including opening breathing tubes, relieving pain or allergy symptoms, and preventing nausea and vomiting caused by motion sickness.  Yep it sounds like it's the McGiver of medicine!

So stay tuned!  I think it's time to try and get some sleep.

Oh and I took this picture coming back from my appointment.  I'm sure I got some funny looks testing our my sun umbrella today (although I couldn't use it long it was too windy!).

Cheers,
Erin

The view from where I stand...

You Might Also Like

0 comments