'To me, photography is an art of observation...



...  It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place…  I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them' Elliott Erwitt

Many folks ask me what is my secret to taking pictures and what type of camera am I using.  I'll share some simple photography secrets:

1.  Stop and take a picture.  If you see something interesting take a picture.  I am almost never without my iPhone (using the 4) or my pocket canon camera.
2. Almost 90% of the pictures I post are iPhone photos edited with a $0.99 app called Camera+.  Yep that's it.  
        a. Tyipcally I do clarity (example)
        b. Effects (vibrant is one I use a lot)

There you have it... my 2 big secrets.  Not really that big of secrets.  I think it really comes down to the quote listed above.  How do you see the world?  How can you take something you see everyday and show it in a different way?  

Taking pictures for me is a lot like stopping to smell the flowers.  It's very easy in the NYC area to get busy and in a hurry.  Everything moves at a pretty fast pace here in the concrete jungle!  I find myself getting caught up in it also. 

Cheers!
Erin

Sample of edited picture:


Load in to Camera+
Clarity


Pick your effect



You Might Also Like

0 comments