Crock-Pot Chicken Taco's

So tonights post is not going to be Melanoma related.  I did say when I first started this blog it would be an odd mix of things :)

Do you ever feel like you're in social media overload?  So many different sources and places to get information and update information and share information...  I'm not sure how parents handle it with kids these days!

With that said, there is this little thing called Pinterest.  It's kind of a cool idea - while you're browsing the web and you find something you like you can 'pin' it to your board.  Kind of like keeping an online scrapbook.  I did sign up for pinterest, but in all honesty I don't go on it much.  See 2nd line above - too many other social media outlets to keep track of.  But I do notice every now and then when folks share things they found there.  One suggestion was 3 ingredient crock-pot chicken tacos.

You can find details here on this site: Sparkle Recipes.  It's pretty simple: 2 lbs of chicken, 1 jar of salsa, and 1 packet of taco seasoning.  Throw it in and let it cook!  Easy enough right?


A few other suggestions I found:
- add in a can of either cream of mushroom soup or chicken broth (although I'm thinking next time I put in a 12 oz bottle of a mexican beer and make Drunken chicken tacos).
- Mine were a little dry because I was away at work too long.  Should have thrown in that bottle of beer!
- I've read other folks adding black beans or corn.
- Use left overs to make a tortilla soup?


The best thing about recipes like these is that it takes about 5 minutes to prepare and then it's ready to go when you get home from work!

Ok time for bed!  It's been a long week.  Hope everyone has a safe and fabulous labor day!
Cheers,
Erin

You Might Also Like

0 comments