Vain - me?

"Vain - excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance, qualities, achievements, etc..."

I was thinking about this the other day.  Most folks that know me will state that I'm a pretty low maintenance kind of gal.  Give me jeans and a baseball cap any day and I'm comfortable with that.

Italy - 2005?
We've talked about Zelboraf side effects before.  And I think for the most part I've experienced just about all of them.  In case anyone has forgotten, some of these are: dry skin, hair loss, headaches, joint or muscle pain, loss of appetite, nausea, taste changes, thickening of the skin, fatigue, rash, etc.

Most of the side effects I've dealt with.  Honestly in the grand scheme of things they really aren't that bad.  But I am totally getting bummed out about all my hair falling out.  I know it's much worse for folks going thru tougher chemo and it falls out fast - but my hair is really starting to get thin.  I'm sure most folks wouldn't even notice and I'll spare you all a picture of what comes out on my hair brush every day!  You're welcome :)

I've also noticed the skin changes.  While I haven't gotten a rash again (thanks!!), I feel like my skin is 1 Zelboraf pill away from breaking out in a rash.  It might be hard to see in the picture - but I do have all these raised red bumps on my skin.  Again, not a rash and they don't itch - just looks odd.


I know these are a small price to pay as long as Z is doing it's job and killing cancer, right?  But I guess it's just a daily reminder of cancer and dealing with it.  My 3rd round of Z arrived this week.  I'm hoping it will be my last round for now!  Scans in a few weeks.  Feeling pretty good still!

Cheers,
Erin


You Might Also Like

0 comments