New York New York!

This city never really gets old for me.  Although I do find now when visiting places I've been too I have to try harder to get a different picture!

First things first - Many of you are probably wondering how I'm feeling now that I started Ipi.  So far so good!  They say you don't typically see any side effects until after your 2nd or 3rd dose.  Glad I have that to look forward too right after surgery!  Right now I've just been pretty tired.

This weekend my friends Kristie and Amine were in town from Milwaukee.  It was great to see them and catch up.  Saturday I met them near the Brooklyn Bridge.  We checked that out.  Then a quick walk thru City Hall Park (my favorite fountain in the city is there... actually it's not so much the fountain as it is the gas lamps I love).  Then it was off to walk by the WTC, wall street, and battery park.  After that I decided I needed a nap and to let the dogs out so I headed back to Jersey City while they continued to explore.

For dinner I met them in Greenwich village area.  I just love it there.  We had dinners at Gusto's (I'll write a review later... nothing to write home about) and then caught a jazz show at the Village Vanguard.  I'll write more about that later also.   It was an 11 pm show which was WAY past my bed time.  The venue is nice and intimate.  But the trio was way too mellow.  I had a hard time staying awake.

Sunday started out beautiful weather wise.  Then a mid afternoon sprinkle.  I took the day to sleep in and start some cleaning/organizing around the apartment.  Pretty sure a mouse died behind my dishwasher - OMG it smells so bad!  Going to have to talk with management again about that.

Then I headed in to the city for a little while to meet the Benbazza's to check out the 9/11 Memorial.  I think it's now about the 6th or 7th time I've been there.

Ok I'll have to catch up in the world of blogging later.  Luckily it looks like I'll have several weeks of recovery time - so I'll have something to do!  :)

In the meantime - below are several pictures from this weekends city adventure.
Cheers,
Erin





















You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin your time out in NYC with your friends sounded just divine. The photos are sensational and I'm so appreciative of the efforts you go to to present them for us to enjoy. they really are just wonderful. Has made me more determined than ever that I will visit NYC (one day) -sigh-
    So pleased the side affects are too horrendous and as the 4th looms you are very much in my thoughts.
    Hugs
    R

    ReplyDelete