Surgery - Oct 4th

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  Sorry for my delay in some blog updates but I decided to take a weekend off from it!  The weather here was great!  It was nice to be able to get outside and walk some without having tons of layers on and it being 100+ degrees!  Fall is for sure in the air!  Which mean it was a great weekend to have a beer at the local beer garden!  and to get out to watch some Sunday football!

Then came my Manic Monday!  I had to get Dublin to the vet to have his bandage changed.  It's about 25 miles to the vet that is treating him.  (it's near my office at work).  Well today was one of those days when I should have checked the traffic report.  There was an accident? construction? that closed down Rt 3.  So my 45 min drive turned in to 2.5 hours.  Yikes!  Luckily I was able to still get Dublin there in time before the vet went in to surgery.  If that had been the case I would have had to leave him and come back in the afternoon.

I also went in to see my surgeon today.  Dr A is awesome!  Obviously I would like to know her under different circumstances, but such is life.  We talked about how since I don't really have symptoms from the intestine spot that I could wait on surgery and see if Ipi will do it's job.  In the end we agreed that I would much rather just cut the spot out!  So that's the plan - Thursday Oct 4th.  NOT looking forward to it...  but peace of mind will be better!

Also - start date for Ipi was changed to Friday.  Still waiting on insurance to give clearance.  It may change again - so that we can make sure to straddle those treatments around the surgery.  So stay tuned for more details!

Cheers,
Erin

NYC Skyline taken from Hoboken - Sunday
 Dublin Update: his surgeon says his foot is looking fabulous!  So that is great news.  And I think he actually likes getting the cone of shame on his head.  See picture below - he didn't even move when I put the cone on him!  Silly dog!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. weather here in Florida is starting to get cooler as well, but not by much.Lots of rain this week.
    keep up with the great work with your posts, I look forward to reading them, hope Dublin is doing better. also good luck with your lpi treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cooled off here a lot. I love it! Fall is one of my favorite seasons! Plus this summer was so hot and miserable while being on Z and all bundled up! Glad you enjoy the posts. and Dublin is doing great! Ipi starts Friday! Yikes!! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete