TGIF!

Ok folks - I realized I've been a bit MIA on the blog.  Mainly because I haven't been doing much other than sitting around.  Not very exciting to blog about!  lol!

So here's how my week has been!

Tuesday I had round #2 of Ipi.  The appointment started with having to be there around 8:30 in the morning having blood drawn.  Then it was off to see the nurse and Dr D for a check up.  No major issues.  Of course they ask how I'm doing and what's new.  My only response was "you know... just a little surgery..."

Then it was then time to wait again.  I've gotten really good at the waiting game!  When finally I was called I thought it was to go back for treatment (my treatment was supposed to start at 11 - but basically after I've seen the doctor and my blood work is back they can start).  False alarm - they were just setting up my next treatment (Nov 6th).

Finally got called back for treatment.  I got my IV in and sat down for 90 minutes of a drip.  I started to down some count chocula (don't judge!  you know you love it).  It was pretty much a non-event except that the poor girl next to me had an allergic reaction to her drug.  Scary moment and enough to almost give me a panic attack!  But they took care of her pretty quickly.  It only took about 5 minutes before she turned completely red and couldn't breathe.  Scary!

I had Jake take this picture of me.  Actually I had him take it 3 times...  It's still a bit fuzzy and this is when we decided he wasn't much of a iPhoneographer!  lol!


So far no major side effects from the Ipi.  Some nausea and fatigue.  That's about it.

That's it for now!  Below are some pictures I've taken over the last few days.

I've also booked a flight home to Minnesota Oct 25-30th.  That will put me at 3 weeks since surgery so I should be moving around well!

Happy Friday!
Erin





You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Good to hear that things are going well. The allergic reaction thing would have freaked me out, too! I saw a man have a really severe seizure in a bus terminal once and I panicked. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, a trip home will be lovely - 5 days! You will be spoilt no doubt :)
    The photos are gorgeous, picture-book perfect!
    You look serene and calm and simply lovely in the photo, Jake did a good job :)
    And I'm so pleased for you that the side effects aren't (too bad).
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That sounds so scary. I'm glad they were able to quickly help her. Yikes. I hope you enjoy your trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great you'll be "home" soon. I'm sure your mom - and the whole family - will be thrilled. No worries about fisticuffs on the train there, either!

    Any chance you'll have time to see the new additions to Geri's funny farm?

    BTW, your photos are fantastic - as usual. When will you be putting together one of your books with your own shots. It would be a best-seller for certain!

    Be sure to take lots of photos in MN. Miss you much,

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband took the drug that you are currently on (ipi). Hope that you do well with it!

    ReplyDelete