March Madness - Birchbox style!

Thanks to a fellow melanoma blogger (Katie @ Prettyinpale.org)... I was introduced to this little thing called subscription boxes! After zelboraf and surgery and Ipi I was feeling pretty run down (hair falling out, itchy crazy skin, nails looking awful, etc). So as part of my New Years resolution - I decided to be a bit more girly and try new things. Subscription boxes are a great way to do that without a large cost. Most are around $10/month and sometimes even include full size products to try.

I decided to try birchbox and Ipsy. I also recently just added Julep which is just for nails.  I've gotten a few months of them already but totally behind in blogging about them! Tonight I received the march box and totally digging some of the products in it!

First are 3 samples of Caldrea body lotions. In scents of: tea tree lime, aloe water apricot, and coconut fig. These will go well with my new aromatherapy oils I got yesterday. More about those in another blog (trying to find my balance between modern day medicine and holistic therapies).



Make: dual-phase eye makeup remover. This company looks great too in that they donate one-third of their sales to charity! It also included some lipstick!



Sarge normat: meta revive dry shampoo. The first time I tried dry shampoos was when I had surgery back in oct/nov of 2010. It was a good alternative when I wasn't able to was my hair as often due to surgery sights. Plus they are a great refresher to have around when traveling!




So as you can see - lots of fun things to try! Can't wait to see what ipsy sends this month! Oh and I recently saw they have one for dogs - bark box... May have to check that out for my spoiled mutts!

Cheers,
Erin


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Subscription boxes sounds like a wonderful (and affordable) way to try new products which may end up being long term favourites.
    You just must get a 'bark box' and show us what's in it.
    Stay well Erin
    thinking of you
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops - sorry I'm not sorry for introducing you to these! :) I am completely and totally addicted. It's amazing what a little treat can do to boost your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose - yes they are a great way to try out some new products! The dogs may get a bark box but we'll see :) They are already spoiled rotten! lol!

    Katie - no need to be sorry at all! But yes totally addicted now also! Such fun! I also signed up for influenster also! Thanks for all the fun tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been debating if this is worth the few dollars a month! Glad to see a positive review. I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete