Catching up!

This past week was a busy one!!  So many things going on at work!

It was so nice for Friday to finally come around.  My friend Chelsea (fellow mole-mate) was in the city for her 3 month appointment.  She got all good news!  so that always makes for a fun trip to NYC!  This time she brought along her sis for some girl time while in the city.  Too bad the weather couldn't have been better for them.


Anyway, while it had been a long week, it's always nice to catch up with friends!  So I made the trek in to the city to meet them in the West Village area.  We had a fabulous time!  While melanoma hasn't been the best thing to deal with, it truly has brought some wonderful people in to my life!  A fellow other blogger / mole-mate (NashVegas Mom) and I were exchanging some emails earlier this week.  We have yet to meet, but have followed very similar treatment plans.  She was mentioning how she was going to be able to meet a fellow cancer fighter on Sunday.  And how funny it was that she's always warning her kids about meeting strangers from the internet... and here we are meeting folks we've met 'online'.  Sharing one common bond - cancer.

So we take the good with the bad!  We share laughs and tears!  It made me think of some lines from the song For Good from Wicked -

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you..."

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'm taking this weekend to relax and catch up on things!  Getting dose #8 of anti-pd1 on Monday!  Then Friday it's off to Colorado for a long weekend.  Hoping the wildfires are under control by then!

Cheers,
Erin


You Might Also Like

0 comments