I am always in amazement of this great city I live by! I love being near NYC and taking in all the sites. Last weekend my good friend Mike came for a visit along with his cousin Eric. This would be Eric's first time to the Big Apple. I love seeing how people react to the city. I feel like people either love it or hate it. And I think the general thought was that he loved it!
NYC can be a lot to take in - a bit of an overload! And there is no way to see it all in one weekend. Here are some interesting facts I pulled on NYC area (don't hate me if they aren't 100% right!):
1. More than 26,000 people live in each square mile
2. The first name for Manhattan was New Amsterdam
3. New York City was the U.S. capital from 1789 to 1790
4. More than 47 percent of New York City's residents over the age of 5 speak a language other than English at home
Finally make it to the Brooklyn Brewery
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone