Oktoberfest gathering

It had been awhile since I had folks over at my place.  So what better reason to bring folks together than an Oktoberfest/Fall theme!  :)  It was really nice to catch up with some folks and gives me a chance to do some cooking!

If anyone is look for a great fall theme crock-pot meal, one of my favorites to make is a beer bbq pulled chicken!  It's simple and tasty!

I've seen this recipe in a few places.  Here's basically what I use:
1. 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (around 6 large)
2. Spices: onion flakes, smoked paprika, garlic powder, sale and pepper
3. 12 oz bottle of beer
4. 24 oz BBQ Sauce

I season the chicken with the spices and then place in the crockpot.  I then pour BBQ sauce and beer over the top and let cook for 6-7 hours on low.  If needed, you can toss the chicken once or twice.  After 6-7 hours, I shred the chicken and toss with the beer/bbq mix and let cook another hour or so.

I then get small buns/rolls.  It always seems to be a crowd pleasure.  This time I tried Stubb's Hickory Bourbon BBQ sauce and used a Paulaner Oktoberfest beer.  It was tasty!






A few pictures from the weekend.  Great weather out!  It has been a perfect fall so far!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am so making this! Thanks for sharing Erin!

    ReplyDelete