3 years ... Where does the time go?

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn't do."

Three years ago I got a call that changed my life forever. A call you never think you'll get at 32 (or at any age). A mole that was removed (which I was told was nothing to worry about) came back as malignant melanoma.




My dermatologist called me in to her office and started reading this piece of paper to me... Funny how much more I know about what all this means now.
I've been fortunate that over the last few years there have been some great advancements in the treatment of melanoma. I also consider myself very lucky that I have access to such a great facility like memorial Sloan Kettering! And great doctors, nurses, and staff! As much as I think I can be a problem patient sometimes, I'm thankful they are on my side!
While I was never an active tanner, I had a few bad sun burns. My only advice to people is this - be diligent about getting things checked out. You are your own best advocate!
While the anxiety never goes away... It does get easier over time.
Cheers,
Erin
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank goodness dear Erin you do live within reach of such a marvellous facility.
    Always thinking of you and your journey.......
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete