Additional Interim Data for Merck's Investigational Anti-PD-1 Immunotherapy, ...
... MK-3475, Shows Estimated Overall Survival Rate of 81 Percent at One Year in Patients with Advanced Melanoma!
There was an additional update coming from Merck today on their Anti-Pd1 drug. For those of you that have been following along, that is the drug I've been taking since January of this year. I've posted the article below but you can also find it Here.
- Overall survival rate of 81% at 1 year
- Objective response rate of 41% (up from 38% reported in June at ASCO), and 9% complete response
- Most responses occurred early (around 12 weeks) but some were delayed and see between 48-70 weeks.
- Drug is still too new to have median duration of response and median overall survival rates
- 3 arms of the Phase 1 trial: 10mg/kg every 2 weeks, 10mg/kg every 3 weeks, or 2mg/kg every 3 weeks. I am in the 2mg/kg every 3 weeks trial.
- 88% of the patients that had a response showed no evidence of disease progression. (Hopefully that means if you're getting a response to the drug, you'll continue to have a positive response to it?)
- Similar responses were observed between ipi pretreated patients and ipi naive patients.
So some good news coming from this drug. It's also being used on other types of cancer. It's easy to tolerate for most patients and minimal side effects. Here's hoping we're getting closer to a cure!
WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--November 18, 2013--