Guinea pig round #15

It's pretty amazing how fast these 3 weeks go between appointments! Here I was back again at Sloan for another round!

I got there a little early to meet with a fellow mole-mate. Some of you may be familiar with T.J. Sharpe. He keeps a blog on Philly.com (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/patient1/Trying-to-see-the-big-picture.html).



(Photo by TJ)

He was in town for a fundraiser for Melanoma Research Alliance (http://www.curemelanoma.org). He stopped by Sloan to keep me company for awhile before his flight. Always great to meet fellow fighters and share some stories! It also helps pass the time.

My lovely team had me back pretty quickly for blood work and vitals. Got back to see Dr D around 10-10:30. No major issues to report. The great thing about this drug is folks are tolerating it very well. Great results and minimal side effects! After a doctor check up it was back to the waiting room!! Was called back for treatment around 1:30. Probably the earliest I've made it back so far! Maybe it helped showing up an hour early for blood work!

After finishing up I decided to finally get some lunch and take a stroll thru Rockefeller center! (And maybe a little retail therapy!). Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year in the city! They do such a great job of getting things decorated! The tree is up and ready in Rockefeller center... Will be a few more weeks before they light it!



30 Rock






After a coffee break with a friend it was back to jersey city. Just in time for a lovely sunset!















Now I am officially exhausted! Glad it's Friday! Hope everyone had a great week!
Cheers,
Erin

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

0 comments