Here's to a happy and healthy 2014!

"Yeah it's been a bumpy road
Roller coasters
High and low"
     - Compass by Lady Antebellum

Happy New Year!!

I hope that everyone had a fabulous New Years!  I managed to make it thru 2013 without any surgery! So that was a good start.  I had scans Dec 27th which continued to show good results from Merck's pd1 drug that I'm taking.  Jan 16th I had a CT guided biopsy to confirm melanoma in the lymph nodes near the small intestine.  A scan later that day showed that the tumors had started shrinking from the scans 4 weeks prior.  Which means that Yervoy seemed to finally had started working.

Luckily I was still able to get in Merck's phase 1 trial and had my first dose Jan 21st.  I've been fortunate that I've felt pretty good throughout the year with minimal side effects.

It was the first year in awhile that I didn't get to use my passport for any international trip…  but I did manage a few trips home to visit family, a trip to Colorado, and luckily the government got their act together to open up national parks in time for my trip to California to visit Yosemite!

Below is a link for a video that shows some highlights from the year - places I've traveled, things I've experienced, some of my favorite pics from walking the pups.

Here is to a happy and healthy 2014.
Cheers!
Erin











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You Might Also Like

0 comments