Family Time

It seems that the only time we get the whole family together is for weddings and funerals.  Sadly, this last weekend was for a funeral.


My Grandpa Youngerberg passed away last week.  I was trying to make it home to see him but just didn't get there in time.  It was the first time in a long time we've gotten all 13 cousins together.  It was nice to catch up even though it was a sad occasion.  It's so fun to see how much everyone has grown up!  And to have the 2 little ones running around.

A little fuzzy - but the Youngerberg cousin crew (and 2 great grand children)

It was nice to spend some time at Kamp Dels in Waterville, MN with everyone.  We were talking about how when Em and I were little we learned how to cast a reel from the camp site.  It's hard to tell from the picture below, but the camper is set up from the road.  Gramps would help Em and I with our Snoopy and Woodstock fishing poles.  We'd spend hours practicing.  I don't remember ever catching any fish! lol! 



I suppose it was fitting after a funeral to have a huge storm roll thru.  It was a nice reminder to enjoy the simple things in life as I watched my niece Gabby totally excited about the rain!


Gabby didn't really know what to think of me.  She doesn't get to see me that often (last time was at Christmas).  She didn't want to come near me until I broke out the iPad!  haha!  Technology wins every time?


Hope everyone has a safe a happy and safe 4th of July!
Erin

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. LOL you're right Erin techno things are great ice breakers with the littlies.
    What a sad reason for such a wonderful reunion and family gathering.
    Condolences to you and your family on this sad loss.
    Stay well Erin.
    R.
    x

    ReplyDelete